Sunday, June 6, 2010

Why Do I Always Feel So Hungry?

  Saturday was the second day of this new diet I started, and for some strange reason I felt hungry all day. I wonder if snacking on healthy shit all day is going to turn around to bite me on the ass. Hurting me rather than helping. I guess it has got to be better than snacking on chips, candy, and soda. I just don't think that eating healthy snacks so often is going to help in the shrinking of the stomach very much. Who knows? Not me! In any case I am just going to continue to eat healthy snacks like fresh fruits and veggies and hope for the best.

  As far as exercise goes for yesterday, I think I kicked walking in the nuts, HARDCORE!!! I got my sleepy, tired ass out of bed at 6:30am and was out of the house by 6:45am. I walked 4 miles in just over an hour. I swear that the MP3 player was the best invention in the world. If I didn't have music to walk to, I think I wouldn't be so quick to get out there and break a sweat. Did I say break a sweat? What I meant to say was completely soak my wife-beater. When I got home from my walk yesterday, my wife asked me why my shirt was so wet. I think she thought I jumped into a canal on the way home or something. Like I have said before, I love to sweat, the more I sweat the more accomplished I feel. So you can only imagine how good I felt after yesterday's walk. Today I have decided is going to be my "rest day". If God got to rest one day out of the week he took to create all things living, I can take one day to not walk. So Sunday will be my no walking day, but I do plan on taking my children to the park to play out in the sun for a while, so I will still be getting off my ass and doing something today.

  Dinner last night was pretty healthy and very tasty. I made chicken breasts stuffed with low-fat ricotta cheese, spinach, and pine nuts. I served it with steamed broccoli with a little butter for flavor. Who knew something that sounds a little complicated could be so easy to make? I will list the steps below, please keep in mind that I am more of a measurement by sight kind of cook, so I will use a lot of a pinch of this and a dash of that when explaining exact measurements.

Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts


1. Wash off your chicken breasts and trim off any excess fat
2. Butterfly the chicken breasts
3. Put a pot of water on the stove to boil, get another bowl and fill it with ice and water.
4. Once the water is boiling, add a bag of Fresh Spinach and cook for 30sec to 1min.
5. Take Spinach out of pot and submerge in the Ice Water.
6. Mix together enough Ricotta and Spinach to fill your chicken breasts
7. Add seasoning to desired taste. (I used Garlic and Onion Powder, Salt, Pepper, and Pine Nuts)
8. Fill Chicken Breasts
9. In a hot Cast Iron Skillet or Heavy Bottomed Pan, brown chicken on both side and place into a buttered baking pan.
10. Cook chicken breasts for like 20-25 min, or until fully cooked.
11. Take out of oven and let rest, covered with aluminum foil for 5-10min
12. Eat and Enjoy.


  I know it seems like a lot, but it really isn't. Serve with whatever sides you decide to. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment